Business Oriented Technology-Enterprise computing
Enterprise computing refers to a business-oriented technology that is very important for a company. It helps in different operations. Enterprise computing encompasses all the major types of enterprise software, including database management, relationship management and so on. Enterprise computing helps to provide easy solutions to common problems such as resource management and streamlining processes.
Enterprise computing is sometimes sold to business users as an entire platform that can be applied across an organization and then further customized by users within each area. This process is simple and easy. This means reporting, database management and other applications are standard across the system, while the application packages are being used and the data being accessed in each area will be different. In this sense, enterprise computing is a departure from finding single software solutions to specific business problems. It is more or less accounting software. Instead, enterprise computing is intended to offer integrated solutions to these problems. However people consider such it as a great help.
The difference between Enterprise computing is on the basis of business function. Due to the integration with the firm’s business process, each enterprise is considered separately as a “system”. For example, IBM’s Business Intelligence platform (Cognos), integrates with a predictive analytics platform (SPSS) and can obtain records from its database packages (Infosphere, DB2). Blurred lines between package functions make delimitation difficult, and in many ways larger software companies define these somewhat arbitrary categories. Some common examples are
- Accounting software
- Business intelligence
- Business process management
- Content management system (CMS)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Master data management (MDM)
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Enterprise asset management (EAM)
Benefits of Enterprise Computing:
- IT Gets Consumerized – It helps to provides strategizing a flexible, secure environment that functions seamlessly across multiple platforms. Thus this type of work area attracts clients.
- Business goes social- Socializing is one important step for business as it helps in achieving a vast number of clients. Improving number of clients is one of the requirements for a successful business.
- Reduced IT Administrative Costs-It helps in reduction of costs. Due to it, a business owner will not pay for administration costs.
- Dealing with Big Data- Every business in the world requires having a proper system. Such a system where data is kept in a well-organized manner is beneficial for the client and for the business
- Multiple user access- Multiple professionals can use enterprise IT solution anytime to perform different organizational tasks.
Although there is no single, widely accepted list of enterprise software characteristics,they generally include performance, scalability, and robustness. According to experts, 2013 will witness a rapid growth in the number of enterprises using enterprise software systems. Professionals will utilize such software to cut business costs and increase organizational productivity, and bring about enhanced mobility, security, and efficient management of client databases on a single integrated development platform.