Mobile Website Development: How to Make Usability Better?
Technology has converted mobile net browsing into a major Internet platform. Everyone can get a quick access to the Internet by using their mobile devices. However, if a mobile website is deficient of usable and user-friendly web design, then it becomes difficult for the users to reach their required websites. Therefore, it is required that the mobile web design should be simpler and standard so that users can get speedy access to the things they are searching for on the internet.
Some Useful Tips
In order to make the website easily accessible via computers, laptops and even mobile devices, here are some important tips:
- Try giving out the best screen resolution to your website. You can do this by checking out the screen resolution and sizes of the latest mobile devices, and then make the screen adjustments according to these specifications. It is always challenging for the website developers to create such websites which fit in well in all kind of screen sizes. Therefore, they have to take care of the specifications of the latest mobile devices.
- Always try incorporating short but keyword rich, unique and information rich content in the websites. It would be great if you divide the lengthy pages in to smaller portions in order to avoid horizontal scrolling. Users mostly hate to scroll the web page horizontally; therefore, the web page must be designed carefully.
- The website design must be simple to use. It must not contain tables and frames in it. Always remember, the more content you try to stuff in, the more will be the loading time. Therefore, make your web design simple and user-friendly so that users can easily find whatever they are looking for on these mobile websites.
- There must be a link to the desktop version in the mobile website, so that the users can get an overall look at the whole website to see its other contents and features. This tip helps your website in optimization to a great extent.
- Try to find out what users are exactly looking for. This will help you in navigating that particular content in the first place on the mobile website. For example, if the users are searching for a particular category, then navigate that category at the top list.
- It is very necessary to discriminate all the links placed in a website. It is required that the user must know where is he scrolling. You can do so by changing the colour and font of these links.
The aforementioned significant tips will greatly assist you in creating an effectual mobile website. By incorporating these features, you will be able to facilitate the mobile net browsing users effectively.
Want to discuss your custom mobile website design needs? Give Adachi Computech Solutions a call or send us an email.